Saturday, October 5, 2013

Penicillin apparently won't do it anymore

I remember not too long ago if someone was developing early signs of a cold he or she would say, "I’m gonna go to the doctor today and get a shot of penicillin."  For many, it worked. But those days should be over.  

A recent report from the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta said there are over 2,000,000 infections every year from “super” bugs or drug resistant bacteria.  

These infections kill over 23,000 people a year!  So we need to be very cautious and judicious in our use of antibiotics.  Perhaps a simple aspirin and hydration would be better.

If you have a question about infections, please feel free to call my office or visit my website to send me a message via my "Ask the Doctor" form.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home