Sunday, April 22, 2012

POPCORN – NEW HEALTH FOOD

As a Southwest Florida cosmetic surgeon, I don't get a lot of time to go to movies. 

When I do, I need my popcorn. 

 Somehow eating a bag of popcorn after a big meal created guilt feelings inside of me, but maybe not anymore. 

A new study shows that popcorn may be more nutritious than some fruits and vegetables (remember that mantra – 7-8 servings daily). 

Researchers at the University of Scranton in Pennsylvania found that popcorn husks contained high levels of antioxidents called polyphenols. These polyphenols can reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease. 

So maybe a bag of popcorn without the salt and/or oil isn’t a bad choice after all. Let's all go to the lobby...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home