Thursday, January 19, 2012

BEST TIME OF DAY FOR SURGERY?

As a plastic surgeon in Fort Myers, FL, I am often asked this question.

I am a morning person – to the gym at 3:00 am – ready to go to the Operating Room by 7:00 – 7:30 am. Often times, patients will comment “I hope you are ready to go! Somehow my telling them my routine, they have a quiet reassurance. They want me to be fresh.

But does the time of day a procedure is performed really matter – morning vs. afternoon?

Researchers at Cleveland Clinic studied 32,001 elective procedures over a 5 year span. The results revealed there is NO difference whether you have your surgery in the A.M. or P.M.

So rest assured. If you like to sleep-in and want your surgery “later” in the day, I say go for it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home