Wednesday, June 1, 2011

ANOTHER FOOLISH CRAZE

Dr. Robert Brueck, who is a board certified Fort Myers plastic surgeon, blogs here periodically on subjects of skin health, plastic surgery and related health matters.

In my 65 years, I think I have pretty much seen it all. Then, along comes something to shatter that myth.

It seems we live in an age where people of all ages - teens, adolescents, young adults, seniors, you name it, have tried a variety of drugs, agents and substances to get high, look better, feel more energy. The list is limitless.

But now, to add to this list, is a disturbing report out of the Philippines where people are injecting themselves to have whiter skin. What will they think of next?

People in the Philippines are injecting themselves intravenously with glutathione. This substance is produced in our liver and helps in antioxidant defense and metabolism. If large quantities are injected people can develop the deadly Stevens Johnson syndrome, Thyroid malfunction, skin necrosis and even kidney failure all because they want to lighten their skin.

I can only pause and wonder in my solitary moment of bewilderment….why?

So foolish, so unnecessary.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I twitt it. My twitter on name Alexander Belluchi. You can comment this post there too.

June 4, 2011 at 3:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what? I want to share this post on Facebook, I am under name John McCain there.

June 6, 2011 at 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home