Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Say Goodbye to Thread Lift Plastic Surgery

A short time ago there was a new cosmetic surgery procedure on the block. It was called a “thread lift”.

It received national media attention and was the cat’s meow for a long while.

I did the training and did several patients but quickly abandoned the procedure because the results were fleeting. It was expensive, not very difficult to do, but the expected results were lacking so I stopped offering it to my patients. Since then, I have seen several patients who have had thread lifts by other physicians who came in with exposed knots, dimpling of the skin, and the like.

It did receive FDA approval but that since has been rescinded.

There was a recent study done to compare results with three categories of patients.

The first category was patients who had thread lift only. The second category was patients who had thread lifts plus other procedures such as a blepharoplasty, chin implant and the like. The third category was conventional cosmetic surgery patients. They had a conventional facelift, blepharoplasty and the like.

The satisfaction with the thread lift patients was fleeting and the patients felt very dissatisfied with the longevity of their procedures.

The patients in group three had the greatest satisfaction level of all the groups. It was something that I saw a long time ago and lead me to abandon the procedure.

I guess it points to experience as a great teacher. My 30 years of experience has taught me a lot and the font of skill and knowledge continues to this day.

For more information about me, my experience and my practice, visit my web site at http://www.Beauty-by-Brueck.com

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally support that! Continue that way!

April 9, 2010 at 1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, good site very much appreciatted

February 23, 2011 at 9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I new yours frient on this forum)

March 12, 2011 at 12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

be happy and love. kiss

May 8, 2011 at 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home